Monday, January 18, 2010

Father Mark Thesing and his Father


For the past three years, we've had Rev. Mark B. Thesing, C.S.C. preside at our Communion Breakfast.  He spent part of his youth in Centerville and is now the Business Administrator for the Office of Student Affairs at Notre Dame.  Recently, his father became an ordained permanent Deacon and celebrated mass with his son.  The Congregation of Holy Cross ran an article about the Thesing fathers on its site.

The best part about the article is where Mark talks about his father's decision to be ordained:
"My father loved medicine very much, which was the perplexing thing for me," Father Thesing said. "He loved helping people and listening to their stories; that’s what made him a very good doctor. A lot of what he did was what a minister is to do."


"When I was in high school, he said, ‘You should go into medicine. You can do both.’ He handed me articles of missionaries doing both. After he was ordained a deacon, I said I won the argument."

No comments: